Reverend Kenneth T. Nixon, Jr. serves as the Outreach Pastor. He is married to the former Amanda Scott and they are the parents of one son – Elijah. Reverend Nixon is a native of North Carolina and an ordained Baptist minister. He gave his life over to Christ at the early age of nine under the leadership of his father in ministry, Pastor Emeritus James H. Bull of the Rising Sun Baptist Church in Baltimore Maryland.
Reverend Nixon received his high school diploma from Osbourn High School in Manassas, Virginia. He attended Northern Virginia Community College, George Mason University and Strayer University. During his academic career Reverend Nixon has earned an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, a Bachelor’s degree in Crime, Law & Society and a Master’s degree in Human Services. He is currently attending Dallas Theological Seminary pursuing a Master’s in Christian Leadership.
Reverend Nixon is employed by Vector Intelligent Solutions as a Senior Operations Manager in charge of national business analytics and intelligence.
Pastoral Staff Position:
The Outreach Pastor shall have a vision to oversee the church’s outreach ministry events that reaches out its shared faith and caring through outreach opportunities to connect and impact the generations and communities surrounding and beyond.
Within the Outreach Ministry, the Outreach Pastor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Leading in the design and implementation of the church’s Outreach program.
- Develop, refine, and communicate the vision and values of Christian Outreach.
- Relating directly to Church supported Outreach endeavors, seeking to relate them to the church family and assist in addressing their needs and concerns.
- Giving counsel to present and potential Outreach leaders and partners.
- Developing a year-round program of Outreach into the life of the church.
- Working in cooperation with other church and ministry leaders to implement outreach events and programs. This involves planning, promotion, recruitment and training of ministry partners, delivery and evaluation of the events and programs.
- Overseeing the development of Christian Outreach events as stand-alone events and in partnership within the ministries of the church.
- Encouraging persons to be involved in Outreach pursuits within the community as well as worldwide.
- Encouraging relationships and helping disciples learn to be Christ-like in their relationships within and outside the local church body.
- Recommending, developing, and overseeing Outreach service projects involving members of the church.
- Assist the Outreach ministry in the preparation and interpretation of the Outreach budget.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to survey and identify outreach needs and opportunities for the church family.
- The outreach ministry advocates for holistic outreach practices that involve family, generational, and individual efforts to promote the gospel of Jesus Christ through innovative and traditional means, including human and IT resources.
- Act as a liaison with the greater ecumenical community and between FBC ministries regarding outreach related matters.