Minister Darryl R. Burgan, Sr. serves as the Minister of Missions. In this capacity, he seeks God’s Will and the direction of the Senior Servant in bringing mission opportunities to the Believers of Christ, to advance the Kingdom of God and in service to the body of Believers.
Minister Burgan has lived his faith by serving on local, national and international mission fields. In Ghana and Liberia, West Africa, and Guyana South America Minister Burgan has preached, taught, and lived the Word of God. In support of Regent University’s Center of Global Missions, he has taught Christian Leadership Principles to Pastors and Leaders throughout Ghana. In Liberia, he has worked alongside of mission partners in villages, as well as urban areas, and he continues to oversee FBC’s ongoing support of in-country mission efforts. In the Dominican Republic, Guyana and Haiti, as well as New Orleans, he has worked with fellow FBC members in accomplishing church repair and construction, participating in food distribution and/or educational support, and medical/spiritual outreach efforts. Minister Burgan is also serves in outreach to the Manassas homeless community.
Minister Burgan is a graduate of North Carolina Central University, where he received an undergraduate degree in Political Science and Public Administration; a graduate of the University of Southern California where he received a graduate degree in Systems Management; and a graduate of Regent University where he received a Masters of Divinity, with a concentration in Intercultural Studies. Minister Burgan is married to his high school sweetheart Kimberly, and they are the proud parents of two: Katava Burgan-Flowers, and Darryl Burgan Jr. They are also the grandparents of two grandsons and four granddaughters. Minister Burgan uses the words of author Dallas Willard (Renovations of the Heart) to describe himself as an “Apprentice of Jesus Christ” who loves the Lord, and seeks for others and himself to grow greater in intimacy with God daily.
Pastoral Staff Position:
Minister of Missions
The Minister of Missions shall have a vision to oversee the church’s outreach ministry events that reaches out its shared faith and caring through outreach opportunities to connect and impact the generations and communities surrounding and beyond.
Within the Missions Ministry, the Minister of Mission’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working in collaboration with ministry teams and Christian Education which relate to the administration of Missions.
- Leading in the design and implementation of the church’s missions program.
- Develop, refine, and communicate the vision and values of Global outreach.
- Relating directly to Church supported missionaries, seeking to relate them to the church family and assist in addressing their needs and concerns.
- Giving counsel to present and potential missionaries.
- Developing a year-round program of missions awareness and education into the life of the church.
- Overseeing the development of mission education events, such as School of Missions, a week of Missions, a Family Mission Night, a mission study tour, a mission work project, etc.
- Encouraging persons to be involved in mission projects within the community as well as worldwide.
- Encouraging teachers and other leaders to use materials interpreting denominational missions and mission emphasis.
- Recommending, developing, and overseeing mission service projects (in conjunction with national, regional, and local mission programs or as a sole church event) involving members of the church.
- Assist the Missionary ministry in the preparation and interpretation of the Missionary budget.
- Act as a liaison with the greater ecumenical community and between FBC ministries regarding mission related matters.