Bible Study: provides direction and education for adult and youth classes. Bible Studies meet on Wednesday evenings. Adults begin Prayer and Praise at 7:00pm. Adult Class begins at 7:30pm. Youth classes begin at 7:00pm. The last Wednesday of the month is “Jeopardy Night” – a time of food, fun, and fellowship with dinner and a fun game of bible jeopardy for all classes combined.
- Children’s Class: provides age appropriate direction and education for children grades K-5 with fun, games, and audio/visual aids.
- Teenager Class: provides direction and education for grades 7-12 class. Students will journey through structured biblical courses/bible series to obtain and apply biblical knowledge to a personal Christian discipleship.
- Adult Class: provides direction and education for Adults. The adults will journey through structured biblical courses/bible series to obtain and apply biblical knowledge to a personal Christian discipleship
Christian Education: provides oversight for the organization and delivery of Christian Education programs for the church. Facilitates annual church-wide leadership training and development, as well as developing plans for educational retreats. The Christian Education Ministry meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm. All church members are welcomed/encouraged to attend/join this ministry.
Education Aid: manages the church’s scholarship program and provides support where needed to youth/adults applying for college scholarships and other financial aid. All church members are welcomed/encouraged to attend/join this ministry.
Sunday School: provides Christian Education and learning through a series of biblically based classes designed for all age and generational groups. Classes are held every Sunday morning from 9:45 – 10:45 am. The Sunday School Ministry also takes the lead in coordinating the church’s annual week-long Vacation Bible School . All church members are welcomed/encouraged to attend/join this ministry.
Tutorial: This ministry offers tutorial services in virtually all scholastic endeavors, including Math, English, and help with writing the ‘all important’ Prince William County “Term Paper.” This ministry encourages members skilled in scholastic tutoring and willing to invest in the life of a student to become a partner in the ministry. Students gain valuable homework assistance and learn valuable study techniques to increase academic performance and achieve learning goals. Tutoring sessions are held at the church facilities throughout the school year. Sessions are generally 1-on-1. Church members are welcomed/encouraged to attend/join this ministry. We encourage you to contact us with any of your comments, ideas or suggestion. You can reach the Christian Eduction and the Center for Biblical Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org
Center For Biblical Studies
First Baptist Church’s Center for Biblical Studies will be a spiritually connected and biblically-based vehicle of discipleship and academic study for the adult Christian believer. It will foster Christian faith in order to produce grace-centered service to the local body of believers and God’s global mission.
- To improve local and global service by providing biblically-based classes focusing on Christian leadership and evangelism
- To successfully incorporate biblical principles into daily living
- To provide tools that will prepare/enable believers to defend their faith
- To provide biblically based classes which focus on developing Christian leadership, evangelism, and ministry skills
- To provide opportunities for participants to successfully incorporate biblical principles into real life applications
- To provide tools that will prepare and enable believers to defend their faith (apologetics) 1 Peter 3:15
The Center for Biblical Studies is a three year program of study. It is for laypersons who wish to further their biblical knowledge and develop discipleship skills. The Center for Biblical Studies is open to anyone who wants to improve their discipleship. Participants will receive an internal certificate upon completion of the program.
Level I Courses (Evangelical Training Association textbooks)
- Survey of the Old Testament, part 1 (Genesis – Esther)
- Survey of the Old Testament, part 2 (Job – Malachi)
- Survey of the New Testament
The one-time initial enrollment fee for the Center for Biblical Studies is $30.00. The initial enrollment fee for persons age 62 or older is $20.00.
The course registration fee is $17.00. Checks should be made payable to First Baptist Church with a notation for Center for Biblical Studies. You can reach the Christian Eduction and the Center for Biblical Studies at: email@example.com