Reverend Donerell Judson (Family Life Pastor)
Reverend Donerell Judson received his license to preach the gospel in April of 1991 in Water Valley Mississippi . He was ordained in July of 1993 in Bamberg Germany . He has severed as the associate pastor in Bamberg, Germany and as the pastor in Pusan, Korea.
He has been married to the love of his live Gwendolyn Marie Judson for twenty one years. They are the proud parents of three children, two daughters and one son, Khandyce, Aramis, and Donerell Judson II. He’s a native Mississippian and a 1989 graduate of Alcorn State University with a B. S. Degree in Business Administration. He’s employed by General Dynamics as Senior Program Manager. He loves God and he loves his family.
Pastoral Staff Position:
Family Life Pastor
When the church ministers to the needs of families as Christ did, they are restored to wholeness. Families who feel complete, and have harmonious relationships, are more likely to be dedicated to God's goals. (Colossians 2:10). The strength of the church is based in the spiritual life of its members and families. God expects families to have mutually satisfying relationships. Healthy family functioning is a primary goal, transmitting Christian values, and being a witness for God in the world to unify and prompt the joy of each person. The family is a place where humanity can experience love to its fullest extent - romantic, friendship, and redemptive love. Love fosters health and decreases stress. "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred." (Proverbs 15:17)
Family Life that is spiritually healthy will manifest characteristics of humility, patience, hope, and loving acceptance. With the assistance of a Family Life (hereinafter “FL”) ministry team, the Family Life Pastor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Senior Pastor to survey and identify the needs of the church family: couples, single adults, single parents, young adults, mature, and senior adults.
- Program Development. Working in cooperation with other church leaders to implement family life programs.
- Family Life Ministry Committees. Establishing, as needed, ministry committees and directors to provide operational support.
- Family Advocate. Advocating for holistic family ministry, realizing that congregations are essentially clusters of households - people trying to live out their faith together.
- Liaison. Acting as a liaison with the greater ecumenical community regarding family life related matters.