Center For Biblical Studies
First Baptist Church’s Center for Biblical Studies will be a spiritually connected and biblically-based vehicle of discipleship and academic study for the adult Christian believer. It will foster Christian faith in order to produce grace-centered service to the local body of believers and God’s global mission.
- To improve local and global service by providing biblically-based classes focusing on Christian leadership and evangelism
- To successfully incorporate biblical principles into daily living
- To provide tools that will prepare/enable believers to defend their faith
- To provide biblically based classes which focus on developing Christian leadership, evangelism, and ministry skills
- To provide opportunities for participants to successfully incorporate biblical principles into real life applications
- To provide tools that will prepare and enable believers to defend their faith (apologetics) 1 Peter 3:15
The Center for Biblical Studies is a three year program of study. It is for laypersons who wish to further their biblical knowledge and develop discipleship skills. The Center for Biblical Studies is open to anyone who wants to improve their discipleship. Participants will receive an internal certificate upon completion of the program.
Level I Courses (Evangelical Training Association textbooks)
- Survey of the Old Testament, part 1 (Genesis – Esther)
- Survey of the Old Testament, part 2 (Job – Malachi)
- Survey of the New Testament
The one-time initial enrollment fee for the Center for Biblical Studies is $30.00. The initial enrollment fee for persons age 62 or older is $20.00.
The course registration fee is $17.00.
Checks should be made payable to First Baptist Church
with a notation for Center for Biblical Studies. You can reach the Christian Eduction and the Center for Biblical Studies at: firstname.lastname@example.org